We have proven ourselves to be open and proactive in fostering strong, effective partnerships with both the private and public sectors, built on mutual goals, respect and equal standing. We provide our partners with a well-established, highly functioning infrastructure and effective means of engagement and communication with the community to deliver our mutual objectives.
As a result we have had a lot of success at many levels, and are Closing the Gap in meaningful and measurable ways in the Health, Education and Employment outcomes of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people. The list of of our partnership achievements and benefits continues to grow, and include –
- Gandangara, with Raine & Horne, have established a ten year Scholarship fund which offers six scholarships worth up to $3750 per year, to our Members and their dependents.
- We are partnering with Liverpool City Council to use recreational lands at Apex and Phillips Parks to celebrate Aboriginal community and heritage, and other ways of enhancing the appeal and quality of the parks to optimise their benefits to our community.
- During the Covid pandemic we have also partnered the Liverpool City Council and OzHarvest in our community outreach efforts to deliver food relief packages to Members and people in the community who are suffering and going without during the lockdowns.
- We are conducting partnership meetings with the Western Parkland City Authority, the statutory body overseeing the federal investment in the Aerotropolis Core ( Western Sydney Airport ) to define how Gandangara will be involved and represented in the design and building of the Airport City precincts, and the cultural tourism opportunities it will provide.
- We have a Memorandum of Understanding with Yarpa Hub to provide Aboriginal and Torres Strait Island people with individual pathways to expanding their career prospects and finding satisfying, long term employment
- We partner with the Federal Department of Social Services to fund the Marumali Health Brokerage Service, a unique provider of health support and education for our Members and local community.
- We partner with Transport NSW to provide transport services for our Members and community through the Gandangara Transport Service.
- We are partnering with South-Western Sydney Local Health District to set up and run Pfizer vaccination clinics for our Members and community.
- We partner with South-Western Sydney PHN to fund the First Peoples Health Traineeship to provide qualified, skilled support staff in our health and wellbeing programs.
The boundaries of Gandangara Local Aboriginal Land Council sit across five local government areas – Parramatta, Sutherland Shire, Cumberland, Fairfield and Canterbury-Bankstown – all of which have many disadvantaged people in need. Working together, as councils and businesses, we can help improve their lives and their futures, so we are looking forward to fostering equally strong, effective and beneficial partnerships with them in the future.
There are so many ways we can help our communities, now and in the future, through meaningful partnerships.
- Education promotion, encouragement and scholarships
- Traineeships, cadetshipsoli and apprenticeships
- Skills training and development
- Holistic health, mental and emotional wellbeing programs
- Paediatric, neo and ante natal care
- Dental care
- Elderly care
- Aboriginal culture and heritage awareness and education programs
- Environmental protection and development